Dec 03, 2023
AGRI 192 - International Agricultural Field Experience
CREDIT HOURS MIN: 3
LECTURE HOURS MIN: 1
LAB HOURS MIN: 4
DATE OF LAST REVISION: Spring, 2019
Role of agriculture in international food production, international trade, governmental policy, and cultural and economic diversity influence on agriculture; requires a supervised international field experience.
MAJOR COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES: Upon successful completion of this course the student will be expected to:
- Describe the production agriculture outside the U.S.
- Explain the movement of agricultural products between countries.
- Explain governmental policy as it relates to the production and trade of agricultural products
- Develop cross-cultural awareness, enhance their ability to communicate, and interact in culturally diverse environments.
COURSE CONTENT: Topical areas of study include -
- International field experience
- World agriculture
- Grain and livestock production worldwide
- Farming systems
- International trade
- Agricultural products
- National benefits
- Assistance and training programs
- Technological change
Course Addendum - Syllabus (Click to expand)