Oct 01, 2023
Bloomington - Columbus - Evansville - Fort Wayne - Indianapolis - Kokomo - Lafayette - Lake County - Lawrenceburg - Logansport - Madison - Muncie - South Bend/Elkhart - Warsaw
ALSO AVAILABLE STATEWIDE VIA DISTANCE EDUCATION
Helps prepare for Oracle Java Foundations and ATC Android Developer certifications.
Software Application Developer, Certificate Completion Guide
PROFESSIONAL - TECHNICAL CORE
Choose 3 Credit Hours from Selective I
Choose 3 Credit Hours from Selective II
Choose 3 Credit Hours from Selective III
TOTAL CREDITS: 18
* It is recomended these courses are completed first
- Develop, operate, maintain, and evaluate information systems and applications.
- Understand the software and systems development life cycles, incorporating different approaches and methodologies.
- Provide technical documentation for each stage of the software development life cycle.
- Develop software solutions, using relevant methodologies, policies, and standards for use in the business and consumer environment.
- Utilize industry-standard practices in the development of user interfaces in software design.
- Develop and utilize an in-depth understanding of the different programming models such as procedural, object oriented, event driven, and mobile device applications.
- Create a working software application.
- Utilize appropriate strategies in the analysis, design, coding and testing of software solutions.
- Understand industry standard principles and practices of secure software development.
- Demonstrate the benefits of quality, timeliness and continuous improvement in regards to software development.
- Practice communication and team-building skills throughout business computer information systems and/or software development processes.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- Demonstrate critical thinking.